Taxes for British Expats Moving to Canada

The following is a question that was submitted to us by Jassa from England
british-expat-taxesI was wondering if I move to Canada would I have to pay higher tax in Canada because I own half of the business in U.K.
Thank You, Jassa
Hereunder are a few suggestions I had for Jassa
Hi Jassa, Thanks for your inquiry. Please note that I am not an expat tax expert.
I would definitely recommend that you get some professional advice before you move to Canada to ensure you structure things to avoid any potential double taxation.
You can start by reading Non-Resident & Offshore Tax Planning: How to Cut Your Tax to Zerobritish-expat-tax Written by expert tax author Lee Hadnum.
The book is designed to help those who are living or working abroad pay less tax on their U.K income and investments.
It highlights some of the key tax-planning opportunities and dangers, focusing on the UK’s four major taxes: income tax, capital gains tax, inhertience tax and corporation tax.
A significant part of the book is devoted to British who are considering moving overseas and have heard that this may bring with it substantial tax benefits.
The author look at the tax saving opportunities, as well as the practical steps and dangerous to bear in mind when considering relocating overseas.
Click the following link for more information about Non-Resident & Offshore Tax Planning british-expat-taxes book.
Best of Luck

Speak Your Mind