Bon Voyage: A Pre-Departure Checklist for Studying Abroad

According to the Institute of International Education, 304,467 U.S. students studied abroad for academic credit in 2013 and 2014. Nearly 40 percent of those students studied abroad in just four countries; the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain and France. While the destinations and reasons behind why students want to go abroad vary, the pre-departure preparations are largely the same. Brush up on cultural awareness Even if you've visited the country many times, living in a new country is … [Read more...]

Do you need information about a Canada Work Visa?

  Here you can find general information about Canada work visa. However, for the most up-to-date Canada visa requirements you should contact your local embassy or consulate. Canada Work Visa - Working Temporarily in Canada Generally speaking you will need a work visa for most temporary jobs in Canada.   However you might not need a work permit if you meet on of the following:   Business visitors (is different from business people) – People who are engage in … [Read more...]

Information about Student Visa for Canada

  Thinking about relocating to Canada to study? Searching for colleges or universities in Canada?   Before you start packing, you must first be accepted to one of the recognized universities/schools in Canada, and only then you can apply for a Canadian student visa. Student Visa for Canada – Do you need one? You may be exempt from a Canada student visa if: You study in a short-term course or program that lasts six months or less. You must complete the course or … [Read more...]

How to Acquire an American Citizenship?

  Are you searching for ways to acquire an American Citizenship?   The diversity Visa Lottery is a great tool that you can try out.   What is the Diversity Visa Lottery Program?   Each year, 50,000 immigrant U.S visas are available through a lottery to people who come from countries with low rates of immigration to the United States. The U.S.A department of states publishes each year which countries are allowed to participate in the lottery.   In … [Read more...]

How to Get a US Work Visa?

  There are many types of working visas. Each visa to USA has different qualify criteria which you should need to meet, and most US working visas have an annual quota.   Usually with a work permit you have the right to get a US driver license, state ID, bank account, credit card, house, etc, and is allowed to travel in and out of the United States with a valid visa.   One important thing that you should be aware of is that getting a US work visa does not automatically lead … [Read more...]

What are US Student Visa Requirements?

  Looking to study in the USA? Not sure which school/university to choose?   Wondering what are USA visa requirements? And should you apply for a student visa to USA before you apply to the university?   What about work? Would you be allowed to work and support yourself while studying in the USA?   First thing you should do is decide what are you going to study, where, and in which university/school?   When choosing the school you must make sure that it is on … [Read more...]

A Guide to the Netherlands Immigration Process

  If you are planning to relocate to the Netherlands, then you must have all the right paperwork to legally reside and work there.   Here is an overview of Dutch immigration policy.   The Immigratie en Naturalisatiedienst (IND) handles residence permits, Netherlands visa, asylum requests and work permits. Their website has a comprehensive English section and a ‘residence wizard’ which details the route you need to take to obtain the relevant Netherlands visas and permits … [Read more...]

Are You Moving to Italy?

  Here is a guide about moving to Italy and an overview of the immigration process for those who choose for a new life in Italy, be it for retirement, work or study.   Moving to Italy - Residence Permits   EU nationals in possession of a valid travel identity document may stay in Italy for up to three months without any residence documentation.   All EU nationals staying in Italy for more than three months must register at the local immigration office with their ID, … [Read more...]

Visa Procedures for Moving to France

  Making sure you have the right paperwork before moving to France is vital. Here’s what you need to know about visas and permits involved in immigration to France.   Expats from European Union and EEA countries are exempt from work permit and visa procedures in France, except for those countries that have recently gained accession into the EU as a transition period is in force and work permits are still required.   Moving to France - Work Permits   There are two … [Read more...]

What You Need to Know About Relocation to Germany

  Here is an overview of the process for relocation to Germany for those planning a new life in Germany.   Residence Permits   All foreigners living in Germany for more than three months must apply for a residence permit, which also provides the basis for the right to work. These are granted on either an unlimited basis (for EU Nationals) or for a specific duration.   You need a valid passport and proof that you have a place to live and a means of supporting … [Read more...]